Simple Life

Simple Life

Saturday, July 13, 2013

THE WRONG WAY ON A ONE WAY ROAD

Well there you go, George Zimmerman was given a not guilty verdict. 0-3 on the big media trials. I guessed O.J. was guilty, Casey Anthony was guilty and Zimmerman was guilty, all acquitted. But the thing about it is that we have a wonderful system of justice and the jury has decided and that is the end of it. Even though I may not agree I have to take it for what it is and I believe in our system of justice. Will Zimmerman win a civil lawsuit which is surly to follow? Like O.J. I think he will lose but who really knows. I am not disappointed with the verdict but I do worry about what the future of such incidents will follow. Does this case become a landmark case that opens the door for vigilante justice regardless of whether or not the person is actually guilty. Nobody really knows if Trayvon Martin was really up to no good...Yes he had a sketchy past but that night he may have not been doing anything wrong. So if I am out on a power walk in the middle of the night and I end up shot to death by some lunatic, can they now claim self-defense? I suppose yes is the proper answer.

This is not just a worrisome case here in America but for anybody walking down any street anywhere in the world. If a citizen of Russia is walking down a street in Moscow and realizes someone is following him or her and finally decides to confront the weirdo, ends up in a "confrontation" does the stalker have the right to gun down the person out for a walk? This is universal and I know the laws vary not only in each state in America and around the world but the situation and the outcome are universal.


No comments:

Post a Comment